Online Course Description
Have your always wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine? Well now is your chance! This class will go over the basics of using your machine all while creating a tote bag that you can use! Be ready to learn:
- How to set up the machine
- How to properly thread your machine
- Machine parts and functions
- Basic stitching techniques (including stitch different stitch types, stitch length, and stitch width)
- How to properly cut fabric
- Step by step demonstration to make a tote bag
- Get familiar with sewing terminology
For this class you are welcome to watch the tutorial and demonstration. But if possible, I strongly encourage you to work on the steps and make the tote bag at the same time so that you can ask questions as you work.
If you plan to follow along and create the tote bag at the same time, plan to have the following supplies available to you:
- Sewing machine
- Pencil or tailoring chalk
- Fabric shears
- 1/2 yd of woven fabric (NON stretch)
- Thread to match fabric
After this class, you should be able to thread and operate your sewing machine correctly, make simple projects using woven fabrics, and mend/repair some of your clothing! The class demonstration will last 1 hr but I will be available afterwards for an additional 15 min to allow extra time for questions regarding your specific machine or promblems that you may have had while working.
I have been sewing for 14 years and own my own small costume design shop in Brooklyn, NY. I love having the opportunity to share my passion for sewing by helping people get comfortable using a machine to make their own projects!
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Live video call and screen sharing with Lori Gassie
- Schedule a call at a time convenient for you
- Prior to session you will be able to get in touch with Lori Gassie to explain your background and what you are trying to achieve
- Prior to session, Lori Gassie will provide list of resources and materials needed to prepare for session
- You will be able to cancel a class and get a refund up to 24h before the scheduled session
- Moneyback guarantee
After cultivating her design skills and southern charm while growing up in Florida, I packed up my bags and moved to New York City. I have been designing costumes for theater, dance, film, and live performance artists ever since. I graduated from Florida State University with degrees in both Apparel Design and Apparel Merchandising. From there, I designed custom performance costumes (figure skating, dance, baton) for Kenerly Kreations, dance costumes for Art Stone Theatrical, and party/holiday costumes for Rubie’s Costume Company. I currently run and design for my own company to bring my work to the stages and performance artists throughout New York City.
In addition to designing, I use my fashion background for wardrobe styling for both personal clients and productions. I love meeting new clients and learning about their personalities so that she can help them look and feel their best with styles and budgets that fit their needs.
Every lifestyle, performance role, and character is different and requires a unique look. I loves taking these concepts and bringing them to life through clothing!
How Zeqr works
Book a Class
We have the worlds top Xperts in almost every subject available to you in real-time. Simply search for your desired subject and click on “View and Book” to schedule a live class.
Attend Live Session
Each class will take place via the Zeqr platform, using our built-in voice and video call features as well as screen-sharing options!
Our Xperts are carefully vetted prior to joining our platform, however, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with the quality of your class, you can rate and review the Xpert. You can also submit a dispute form and we will investigate the situation, if necessary.