Online Course Description
Below are some of the questions I regularly get asked by second language instructors, and areas in which I can provide mentoring, support and guidance. I will gladly share my knowledge and experience with you.
1. I need a few tips on teaching English to speakers of Japanese.
2. My student’s retention is poor. What do I do?
3. How much repetition does a student typically need to retain material?
4. How do I help my student get rid of some bad habits he/she has?
5. How can I best help my student improve his/her pronunciation?
6. My student doesn’t want to learn “grammar”.
7. Sentence structure and word order are a big problem for my student.
8. I don’t know what books to use with my beginner student.
9. How do I speak only the target language with my student?
10. How do I incorporate video, news clips, podcasts, etc. into my lessons?
11. Certain verb tenses are a real challenge to teach and learn. How can I address that with my students?
12. What’s a good sequence of presenting and practicing language items?
13. How do I get my student to practice the material learned in class?
14. My student is hesitant to ask questions. How do I encourage him/her to do so?
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Live video call and screen sharing with Aline Mucke
- Schedule a call at a time convenient for you
- Prior to session you will be able to get in touch with Aline Mucke to explain your background and what you are trying to achieve
- Prior to session, Aline Mucke will provide list of resources and materials needed to prepare for session
- You will be able to cancel a class and get a refund up to 24h before the scheduled session
- Moneyback guarantee
I have a passion for teaching and mentoring, and have been in the second language acquisition industry for many years. I am fully bilingual in Portuguese and English.
My two areas of expertise are:
1. Training, coaching, mentoring, and supporting instructors and tutors of second/foreign languages, any language. I can help instructors with lesson planning, curriculum, proficiency level assessment, getting rid of old habits and acquiring new ones... or anything else related to second language learning.
2. Teaching English and Brazilian Portuguese as second languages. I can help you if are at a total beginner level, or have intermediate or advanced skills.
More Classes by Aline Mucke
How Zeqr works
Book a Class
We have the worlds top Xperts in almost every subject available to you in real-time. Simply search for your desired subject and click on “View and Book” to schedule a live class.
Attend Live Session
Each class will take place via the Zeqr platform, using our built-in voice and video call features as well as screen-sharing options!
Our Xperts are carefully vetted prior to joining our platform, however, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with the quality of your class, you can rate and review the Xpert. You can also submit a dispute form and we will investigate the situation, if necessary.