Online Course Description
Information and knowledge are critical resources to any organization, regardless of size. Therefore, information needs to be managed on the same level as any other resource, such as money or products. The most effective way to manage and benefit from information resources is by applying the principles and standards of architecting information. A well-planned information architecture that is part of an overall Enterprise Architecture creates the foundation for a functional organization, its business systems (independent of automated systems), and it automated systems and applications.
This course is an introductory course that:
- defines information and information architecture
- introduces the core concepts of Information Architecture
- provides a high-level overview of the products comprising an effective Information Architecture.
This course will benefit those who are new to Information Technology, seasoned information professionals who are interested in the basic concepts of Information Architecture, or anyone else who wants is interested in managing information as an asset.
What you will learn
The imperatives of an Information Architecture for any organization.
The difference between data, information, and knowledge.
The core concepts of an Information Architecture.
The benefits of an explicit Information Architecture.
A high-level introduction of products or deliverables of an Information Architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Live video call and screen sharing with Kim Bare
- Schedule a call at a time convenient for you
- Prior to session you will be able to get in touch with Kim Bare to explain your background and what you are trying to achieve
- Prior to session, Kim Bare will provide list of resources and materials needed to prepare for session
- You will be able to cancel a class and get a refund up to 24h before the scheduled session
- Moneyback guarantee
I design and manage websites. For many years prior to doing this work, I worked as an expert Semantic, Data, Information, and Metadata Management architect and manager. I managed information as an asset at the enterprise level while being cognizant of the future direction of business systems and how that direction will impact the enterprise. When I helped a friend with her website, I confirmed my belief that Information Architecting applies to those platforms as much as to mainstream IT systems.
Ontology Management, Metadata Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Master Data Management, and Business and System Analysis are functions I have performed at many organizations. I provide successful and cost-effective solutions for these functions with Enterprise Models or Architectures and Information or Metadata Repositories. Data lineage and impact analysis, well-designed standards, and system life cycle methodologies are additional areas of my expertise.
Most of this time in addition to doing the actual work, I led architecture groups who designed and managed the standards, tools, and models. I have also coached numerous employees and trained many others during my career. Additionally, I worked as a professional trainer and coach for a methodology company.
- Website Design and Management
- Semantic or Ontology Modeling, Conceptual & Logical Data Modeling, Business Rule Modeling
- Metamodel & metadata architectures & management
- Rochade, Mega, & other repository & modeling tool concepts, design, implementation, & management
- Data Governance (DG) with Data Quality (DQ)
- Master Data Management (MDM) including a Glossary and Canonical Data Model
- Data and Information Standards
- Structured Process, Workflow, and Use Case Modeling
- Zachman Framework concepts, implementation, & management
- JAD (joint application development) workshop facilitation
- SLC (system life cycle) Methodologies
- Knowledge transfer and training
How Zeqr works
Book a Class
We have the worlds top Xperts in almost every subject available to you in real-time. Simply search for your desired subject and click on “View and Book” to schedule a live class.
Attend Live Session
Each class will take place via the Zeqr platform, using our built-in voice and video call features as well as screen-sharing options!
Our Xperts are carefully vetted prior to joining our platform, however, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with the quality of your class, you can rate and review the Xpert. You can also submit a dispute form and we will investigate the situation, if necessary.